Na Píobairí Uilleann is a non-profit organization dedicated to the promotion of the Irish Uilleann pipes and its music.
NPU was founded in 1968 in Dublin under the impetus of researcher and collector Breandán Breathnach and pipers such as Seamus Ennis, Leo Rowsome and Paddy Moloney (of the Chieftains), many of whom had played with the Dublin Pipers Club. Its headquarters are located in Henrietta Street, Dublin, in a restored Georgian building with facilities for many activities. Membership of the organisation is now spread throughout Ireland, England, Scotland, Continental Europe, North America and Australia.
Like many of the houses on the street this house was originally four bays wide, the east half having been demolished in the mid-twentieth century, leaving an empty site onto Henrietta Place. The street, laid out by Luke Gardiner in the 1720s, is a cul-de-sac containing the finest early Georgian houses in the city. Named after Henrietta Crofts, the third wife of Charles Paulet, 2nd Duke of Bolton and Lord Lieutenant in 1717-21, the street developed in a piecemeal fashion and set the trends of scale and design in domestic architecture. Recently restored, the house has had most materials sensitively reinstated, while Dublin City Council recently held a design competition for an infill development of the empty site. Terminating the east end of the south side of the street, the house forms part of what has been described as 'Dublin's Street of Palaces' with the recent restoration contributing to the improving fortunes of this remarkable streetscape.