Clyde Road runs from Wellington Place to a junction with Elgin Road in Ballsbridge. It meets Raglan Road and Wellington Road.
It is named after Colin Campbell, 1st Baron Clyde (1792–1863), a Scottish soldier who fought in India during the Indian mutiny in 1857.The embassy of the United States
is at the crossroad with Pembroke Road in Ballsbridge.
The National Headquarters and training centre of the Sovereign Military Order of Malta and the Order of Malta Ambulance Corps are located at 32 Clyde Road, Ballsbridge, Dublin 4.
The headquarters of The Institution of Engineers of Ireland is at 22 Clyde Road.
St Bartholomew's Church, Dublin is on Clyde Road.