Raheny has Roman Catholic and Church of Ireland (Anglican) churches, one of the former massively overlooking the centre of the village (with feature belfry and baptistry), the latter beautifully sited on the approach to the village centre from the city.
The central Roman Catholic Church is the Church of Our Lady Mother of Divine Grace, of the Catholic Parish of Raheny. The building, completed in 1962, was designed by Peppard and Duffy architects, at the behest of John Charles McQuaid to accommodate the burgeoning flock. The Church opened Sunday, July 22, 1962. The main entrance is framed within a large triangle inset with numerous smaller triangles, recalling traditional motifs from Romanesque Irish churches. The facade and the bell-tower are built with green limestone.
Our Lady's now little-used and substantially smaller predecessor, St. Assam's Church, is situated directly opposite. Regular worship ceased there when Our Lady's opened. The building is a 'Protected Structure'.
The district is also served by the pyramid-style church of Kilbarrack-Foxfield Parish, by St. Benedict's, of Grange Park Parish, and by St. Brigid's, of Killester Parish, and by the chapel at the Capuchin Friary.
A number of other Roman Catholic religious orders also have local presences. Prior to the restoration of local worship, Rahenyites had for centuries to attend Mass in Coolock or, later, Clontarf, or in local houses.
The Church of Ireland church, for the Anglican Parish of Raheny (now in Union with the Parish of Coolock), All Saints Church, which was built at the expense of Arthur Guinness, 1st Baron Ardilaun of the Guinness family, has some wonderful architectural features and is considered by many as being one of the most beautiful churches in Dublin. Before this church was built, Raheny Parish was served by the older church in the centre of Raheny, an earlier St. Assam's Church, dating back to 1712, and previously to 1609 and before.
All Saints' has a Rectory in the grounds, as well as a community hall and a well-preserved gate lodge for the verger. In April 2010, it was announced that the church required extensive roof repairs and funds were raised to complete this.
There is also a large Plymouth Brethren meeting hall in "new" Bettyglen. Methodist and Presbyterian worshippers are served by churches in Clontarf.