Designed by Peppard and Duffy and completed in 1962, the church of Our Lady Mother of Divine Grace dominates Raheny Village.
The site of St. Assam's Well, a holy well from ancient times, a field known as "The Shrubbery", at the very centre of the developing village, used occasionally for games, had been bought in 1952 to provide for succession to the popular but overloaded St. Assam's Church of 1859. The first sod was turned on 3 May 1959, and the foundation stone for the new Church of Our Lady, Mother of Divine Grace was blessed and laid by Archbishop J.C. McQuaid in the presence of Fr. Dr. Fitzpatrick. P.P. on 24 April 1960. On 22 July 1962, the church was blessed, dedicated and opened, also by Archbishop J.C. McQuaid, with now Monsignor Dr. Fitzpatrick, Parish Priest, Vicar Forane and historian, and a substantial congregation.
The Ceremony of Blessing and Dedication began at 11.30 and was followed by full High Mass at 12 noon. The new church immediately entered service, while for the next few years the surrounding grounds were completed, mostly by volunteers, and the car park prepared.