BALLYBOUGHAL | DUBLIN STREET IMAGES

DUBLIN STREET IMAGES

Custom Search

BALLYBOUGHAL


PHOTOGRAPHS NOT YET PUBLISHED
The village of Ballyboughal lies to the north of Swords, its gaelic form, Báile Bachaille means "Town of the Staff", a name derived from the "Basal Íosa", or "Staff of Jesus", which was carried by St. Patrick during his missionary labours in Ireland. The tradition in the district is to the effect that this venerated relic was for a number of years preserved in the old church of Ballyboughal, now in ruins.  

Also in Ballyboughal are monuments to those who fought in the 1798 uprising.  Ballyboughal is home to The Grange with its craft/gift shop, art gallery, café and garden walks.