THE POINT DEPOT AND EAST LINK BRIDGE AREA AND NEARBY
The Point Depot was a concert and events venue in Dublin.
The building was constructed in 1878 as a train depot to serve the nearby busy port. Among railwaymen it was always known as "The Point Store". In the late 1980s, after many years of neglect and disuse, it was bought by local developer, Harry Crosbie along with Apollo Leisure (now Live Nation) fitted out the venue with balconies, offices and backstage facilities. Before it was renovated, U2 recorded the second track of their 1988 album, Rattle and Hum, "Van Diemen's Land" there, and footage of performances of this song and "Desire" from the building appear in the accompanying Rattle and Hum movie.
The Tom Clarke Bridge, formerly and commonly known as the East-Link Toll Bridge, is a toll bridge on the River Liffey, owned and operated by Dublin City Council. The bascule-type lifting bridge, which links North Wall to Ringsend, is the last bridge on the Liffey, which opens out into Dublin Port and then Dublin Bay just beyond. The bridge forms part of the R131 regional road.
COPYRIGHT INFORMATION BELOW APPLIES ONLY TO PHOTOGRAPHS
MOBILE FRIENDLY OPTION