Grangegorman is a suburb of Dublin, Ireland, situated on the Northside of the city, in the administrative area of Dublin City Council. It is also a civil parish in the historical barony of Dublin. It is best known as the location of St. Brendan's Hospital which was historically the main psychiatric hospital serving the greater Dublin region. Along with Stoneybatter and Glassmanogue, Grangegorman was recorded in 1610 as one of only three remote villages in this region and at that stage, lying north of Ostman town and north of the River Liffey they were not joined to the city of Dublin. The area is currently the subject of a major redevelopment plan under the aegis of the Grangegorman Development Agency.