In 1788, the Community moved to Ranelagh, to the former Ranelagh Gardens and to a house in which the Protestant Bishop of Derry, Dr. William Barnard, had lived between 1757 and 1768. In their quiet home in the Dublin suburbs the Carmelites lived their contemplative life, as St. Teresa had wished, their prayers reaching out to the whole world, to all in sorrow and distress.
Thirteen Sisters moved from Ranelagh in 1975 and were warmly welcomed and accepted into the Parish of Malahide, and the Carmelite Church at Seapark serves the Parish of St. Sylvester’s with Sunday Mass and weekday Masses.
In the year 2000, the Sisters opened the Edith Stein Prayer Room to facilitate individuals and groups for retreats or other religious purposes. The Carmelite Church is open daily until 6.pm The Sisters welcome those who wish to participate with them in prayer during the day.
Mon. - Fri: Morning Prayer 7.45 am. followed by Mass at 8.30. Evening Prayer: 4.40 p.m.