SONY MOBILE BRINGS 3D SCANNING TO SMARTPHONES WITH THE ARRIVAL OF THE XPERIA XZ1 AND XZ1 COMPACT
- Xperia XZ1 available in Ireland from mid-September -
Dublin, 8th August 2017: Sony Mobile Ireland has announced the launch of two new smartphone devices in its flagship Xperia family; the Xperia XZ1 (available from mid-September) and the Xperia XZ1 Compact (available from October).
The new devices feature world-first smartphone technology – a 3D scanner called Creator. The technology enables the user to capture 3D scans in just one minute, using up to four scan modes; head scan, face scan, food scan and freeform scan. Scans can be used to create a host of content including 3D stickers for messenger apps, highly-detailed PlayStation characters, avatars for apps and wallpapers and much more.
Scans can also be uploaded to growing 3D communities such as Sketchfab, which counts over one million global users, or sent to a 3D printer and made into a memorable keepsake of a well-known landmark, a memory from a special event or the face of a friend or family member.
The ‘Find More’ button within the 3D Creator app allows consumers to explore a wider and ever-growing 3D ecosystem, available through Google Play.
Alongside the 3D Creator, the XZ1 and XZ1 Compact introduce consumers to additional, content-capture functions such as the Predictive Capture camera tool. Predictive Capture automatically starts buffering images before the shutter button is pressed by intelligently recognising subtle movements like a smile. The user can select a moment that may have been uncaptured from a selection of up to four shots.
In another development, both devices introduce Autofocus Burst which sees the camera intelligently follow its subject, adjusting the focus to make sure fast-moving, action shots stay sharp.
The Xperia XZ1 will be available from selected Irish operators from mid-September in Black and Moonlit Blue. The Xperia XZ1 Compact will be available from selected Irish operators from October. Pricing and arrival dates will be revealed in the coming weeks.
Commenting on the arrival of the new devices, Ciaran Cleary, Sony Mobile Communications Ireland said: “Consumers are capturing more content on mobile than ever before and Sony Xperia is right at the heart of that. With over 70 years’ heritage of innovation in technology, Sony continues to allow consumers to capture special moments and memories in new and exciting ways.
“The 3D Creator feature is a first for smartphone, allowing consumers to capture memories in a continually evolving way. We’re looking forward to seeing how it is enjoyed in the Irish market when the XZ1 arrives to retailers mid-September.”
Other key features of the Xperia XZ1 include:
- he latest Motion Eye™ camera built using know-how from Sony’s ‘α’ and Cyber-shot™ camera ranges, for capturing life in ways no other smartphone can. Its memory-stacked Exmor™ RS image sensor pushes motion capture to the next level, producing exceptional image quality.
- ideo record function at 960 frames per second, providing stunning Super slow motion video playback. Rounding off the premium camera experience is the first-class 13-megapixel front camera with a 1/3” sensor and a display flash so you’ll get outstanding selfies in any light.
- ony’s BRAVIA TV technology to bring more colour and contrast to TV shows and movies in stunning realism, by incorporating HDR (High Dynamic Range) in its 5.2” full HD display. Further technologies, including TRILUMINOS™ Display for mobile, X-Reality™ for mobile and Dynamic Contrast Enhancer work together to give razor-sharp, detailed and brighter images on screen.
- he authentic sound of Hi-Resolution Audio, allowing every nuance and detail in a track to be enjoyed. Evolved stereo speakers with S-Force Front Surround, bring 50% more sound pressurethan previous Xperia models. Plus, built-in Digital Noise Cancelling (DNC) technology reduces exterior noise by up to 98% when paired with DNC headphones for perfect, undisturbed listening. Sony’s new h.ear (pronounced ‘hear’) headphones will also be available this year.
Features of the Xperia XZ1 Compact include:
- imeless design exterior with signature flagship loop surface and seamless metal body for a premium, understated look and refined feel in the hand. Designed with active usage in mind, the device has been constructed with a full body joint structure that is strong against any twist and bend. Equally tough against outside elements, Xperia XZ1 is water resistant, dust-proof and reinforced with Corning® Gorilla® Glass 5 on the display so it’s tough enough to withstand bumps and drops.
- or a personalised touch, the integrated fingerprint sensor works to intuitively recognise the owner, giving unique and secure assurance.
- mart Stamina works ahead of time to keep users powered-up by estimating how long battery will last, based on how the smartphone is normally used, prompting users to activate Stamina mode when needed.
- owered by the cutting-edge Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 835 Mobile Platform with X16 LTE, the XZ1 is designed to provide blazing-fast Gigabit LTE downloads speeds (up to 1Gbps) and performance. The Snapdragon 835 Mobile Platform is engineered to support stunning graphics, smooth performance and enhanced battery efficiency, perfect for smooth, responsive gameplay of PlayStation®4 games on PS4 Remote Play. File transfers are also super-charged thanks to the USB 3.1 connection which is 10 times quicker than USB 2.0 with a transfer speed of up to 5Gbps.
- premium compact smartphone in Sony’s uncompromised design philosophy, featuring beautiful diamond cut edges and a metallic finish.
- P65/IP68 for water resistance iv, a metal antenna on top and bottom for improved connectivity and a strong, anti-twist and bend full-body structure with Glass Fiber reinforced plastic material together with Corning® Gorilla® Glass 5.
- ownload speeds of up to 800Mbps to download an episode of a TV series in 30 seconds. Performance is also boosted by the intelligence of Smart Cleaner which automatically detects unused apps and clears the cache, giving the fastest, smoothest performance possible.
- range of supporting accessories will be available including Style Cover Touch in corresponding colours for Xperia XZ1 and Style Cover Stand in corresponding colours for both Xperia XZ1 and Xperia XZ1 Compact.
- lso available is Quick Charger UCH12W providing hours of battery time by plugging in for just a few minutes.
- he new SBH24 Stereo Bluetooth® Headset, allows users to enjoy music and talk wirelessly, and the STH32 Stereo Headset will both be available in perfectly matched colours to both smartphones.
For more information on Sony Mobile Communications Ireland visit www.sony.ie. To keep up to date with Sony Xperia product news and launches in Ireland, visit @SonyMobileIE on Facebook and @SonyXperiaIE on Twitter and Instagram.
- he Xperia XZ1 will be available from selected Irish operators from mid-September in Black and Moonlit Blue. Pricing will be confirmed in the coming weeks.
- he Xperia XZ1 Compact will be available from selected Irish operators from October. Colour variations and pricing will be revealed in the coming weeks.
- oth will ship with Android™ 8.0, Oreo.
For media information please contact:
For more information, images and videos please visit: http://blogs.sonymobile.com/category/press-releases
Issued by the Sony Xperia team at Clearbox
[email protected] / 048 95622600